EXPERIENCE AND HISTORY
David Adler has enjoyed a successful career as first a senior trial attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice, in Washington,
D.C. and later as a private attorney representing non-governmental clients.
Courtesy of the U.S. Government, which was his first client, he is trained in the methods of statutory analysis, evidence,
procedure and the dialectic of law. He has worked with the FBI, INS, and ATF in investigations of criminal conduct and has also
worked with the Office of Solicitor General, Department of Justice, in presenting appellate cases to the U.S. Supreme Court that
have changed criminal law and procedure and the constitutional rights of U.S. Citizens charged with criminal offenses.
As a private attorney Mr. Adler has extensive trial experience involving claims of corporate law, fraud, breach of contract, civil
racketeering, commercial torts, debtor-creditor disputes and consumer dept and employment law.
He has successfully defended numerous RICO claims and is well-versed in the interpretations of that complex statute.
Mr. Adler has lived and studied abroad and is comfortable communicating with clients from Russia, Europe, Israel, South
America and Africa. Mr. Adler tries to balance the value of his experience against the costs to the clients of benefiting from that
CIVIL LAW; LITIGATION FOR THE PROSECUTION AND DEFENSE
- Complex civil litigation and civil claims under the Racketeering (RICO)
- Corporate shareholder and governance disputes involving Officer and Director duties and liabilities
- Business tort and commercial litigation
- Contract formation and contract interpretation
- Contract disputes involving breach and failure to perform as agreed, fraud, misrepresentation, breaches of fiduciary
- Uniform Commercial Code complaints involving sales, lender liability, debtor liability, commercial lending agreements
- Consumer Protection Act and related claims involving unfair and deceptive acts and practices
- Defamation, both commercial and personal
- Real Estate and claims related to title
- Employment and civil rights law
CRIMINAL LAW AND DEFENSE
Federal criminal defenses in all areas of fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy, other areas of white collar crimes,
regulatory and environmental violations, and criminal civil right violation
SIGNIFICANT DECISIONS INCLUDE:
U.S. v. Washington, 431 U.S. 181, U.S. v. Mandujano, 425 U.S. 564 involving 5th Amendment Rights; U.S. v. Nobles, 422 U.S. 255
involving criminal discovery rights of the government; Oliphant v. Suquamish Indian Tribe, 435 U.S. 191 involving the jurisdictional
sovereignty of Indian tribal courts over U.S. citizens (non-Indians) for crimes committed on Indian reservation land; and State cases:
NMB v. IAS v. Sabena Airlines (RICO and fraud re Foregn Airplane purchase); Neal v. Suarez and One Eyed Jacks (Securities fraud); S&H,
Ltd v. Synoground (Breach of Officer/Director’s Fiduciary Duties and Conversion); Aaron v. Emerald City Bank (RICO and Lender